Monday, November 26, 2007

Do you know your love language?

I borrowed a book from the church library quite recently. It’s called “The five Love Languages of Teenagers”. Well, I find it rather interesting though I haven’t finish the book. The 5 love languages consists of :
(a) Words of Affirmation
(b) Quality Time
(c) Receiving Gifts
(d) Acts of Service
(e) Physical Touch
Just in case you don’t know what’s your love language is, try doing this test.

Remember, you’re going to see 30 pairs of things that parents do or say to show love to their kids. They may be things your parents do or say or that you wish your parents would do or say. Pick only one item in each box that you like best, and circle the letter that goes with that item. When you finish looking at all 30 pairs, count how many times you circled each letter and transfer that letter to the appropriate blank at the end of the test. Here we go..

1. Asks me what I think -- A
Puts his/her arms around my shoulder -- E
2. Goes to my ballgames, recitals, etc. -- B
Does my laundry -- D
3. Buys me clothes -- C
Watches TV or movies with me -- B
4. Helps me with school projects -- D
Hugs me -- E
5. Kisses me -- E
Gives me money for the things I need -- C
6. Takes time off of work to do stuff with me -- B
Rubs my shoulders or back -- E
7. Gives me cool things for my birthday -- C
Reassures me when I fail or mess up -- A
8. Gives me high-fives -- E
Respects my opinions -- A
9. Goes out to eat or shops with me -- B
Lets me use his/her stuff -- C
10. Tells me I’m the best son/daughter in the world -- A
Drives me to places I need to go -- D
11. Eats at least one mean with me most every day -- B
Listens to me and helps me work through problems -- A
12. Doesn’t invade my privacy -- D
Holds or shakes my hand -- E
13. Leaves me encouraging notes -- A
Knows what my favorite store is -- C
14. Hangs out with me sometimes -- B
Sits next to me on the couch -- E
15. Tells me how proud he/she is of me -- A
Cooks meals for me -- D
16. Straightens my collar, necklace, etc. -- E
Acts really interested in stuff I’m interested in -- B
17. Allows my friends to hang out at our house -- D
Pays for me to go on school or church trips -- C
18. Tells me I look good -- A
Listens to me without judging me -- B
19. Touches or rubs my head -- E
Sometimes lets me pick out where we go on family trips -- D
20. Takes me to the doctor, dentist, etc. -- D
Trusts me to be at home alone -- C
21. Takes me on trips with him/her -- B
Takes me and my friends to movies, ballgames, etc. -- D
22. Gives me stuffs that I really like -- C
Notices when I do something good -- A
23. Gives me extra spending money -- C
Asks me if I need help -- D
24. Doesn’t interrupt me when I’m talking -- B
Like the gifts I buy for him/her -- C
25. Lets me sleep late sometimes -- D
Seems to really enjoy spending time with me -- B
26. Pats me on the back -- E
Buys me stuff and surprises me with it -- C
27. Tells me he/she believes in me -- A
Can ride in the car with me without lecturing me -- B
28. Picks up stuffs that I need from various stores -- C
Sometimes holds or touches my face -- E
29. Gives me some space when I’m feeling upset or angry -- D
Tells me that I’m talented or special -- A
30. Hugs or kisses me at least once every day -- E
Says he/she is thankful that I’m his/her child -- A

Your score
A = _____ Words of Affirmation D = _____ Acts of Service
B = _____ Quality Time E = _____ Physical Touch
C = _____ Receiving Gifts

The letter or love language that receives the most points is your primary love language. If you score the same score for 2 love languages, then you are bilingual. If you score high on one love language and have a close second score, that second highest score is your secondary love language!

-carmen-
P.S. feel free to share your love language. Will be happy to know it.

No comments: