Wednesday, February 13, 2008

GONG XI FA CAI

Happy Chinese New Year folks. Nowadays, I seldom use the phrase 'gong xi fa cai' to greet one another. Prefering the more normal 'Happy Chinese New Year'. I somehow felt that as Christian, I should not wish people to 'fa cai' (to get rich in a literal translation). Nothing wrong with it but just me being weird.

So folks, how was your CNY? Gotten rich and stuffed with food and angpows yet? I have as a youth always looked forward towards CNY. Its a period of time when there is NO SCHOOL,got PAID, drink unlimited soft drinks and eat unlimited unhealthy but tasty stuff. What's not to like about CNY? Now, well the thing that I like about CNY is NO WORK, still got PAID for not working but have now got to PAY angpow, still am drinking unlimited softdrinks and eat unlimited unhealthy but tasty stuff but then I could do that throughout the year. So for me, other than the not working part, its pretty much the same for me. And for some of you who think that I don't work, well there you go, a whole year of CNY. So for me now, CNY is kinda a hassle with the jams and the travelling between my house and my inlaws house and the doing the good son/son-inlaw routine is kinda tiring. Anyway, now that it (CNY) is over, well life is back to normal again.

Folks, sorry for this, I have to cancel the CNY visitation. Somehow, this year visitation is in conflict with so many things. So please let EVERYBODY that you know, KNOW. This saturday CNY visitation is off. We will have the night worship and the programs for EY will revert back to the one posted on the EY room (which reminds me, I am supposed to post it here too, OOPS. Well, I can always claim that I am old. Will get that done ASAP)

Katan

No comments: