Monday, July 21, 2008

WWJD?

The term WWJD made its first debut and hits the universe around 8 years ago. Every Christian teenager has at least one wristlet or keychain with this four alphabet embedded on it. WWJD instantly tops the Christian accessories chart, so much so that even my non Christian peers got one wristlet for themselves. WWJD sell like hot cakes.

What is so special about WWJD? Firstly, a round of applause to the marketers for inventing wrislets. It was the "in" thing in my time. And when one has it, everyone wants it. Some people even has it in different colour hues and in different designs. Secondly, it's catchy initials. Thirdly, because everyone has them. Oh, it's a peer pressure thingy.

But really, is that all to it?

I've got a few wristlet myself, which I have misplaced them over the years. At that time, it doesnt matter if WWJD stands for What Would Jesus Do. It doesnt matter if it has a significant meaning to it. No. All that matters is that WWJD is cool and I want to be cool. Period.

This term jumped out on me today. Maybe because I foresee a hard week ahead. Witnessing true colours to human behaviours and getting a taste of the working life. I asked "What Would Jesus Do if He's in my shoes?"

Would Jesus hide in the toilet and cry himself a river? Or will He take it as an experience and eat the humble pie?

Life, many have said, is not smooth sailing. It is in times like this, that we must remember: WWJD? Arent we blessed to have someone to look up to when we're in cross roads?

"When life throws you a lemon, make a lemonade!"

Have a good day, everyone! :)

No comments: