Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Care Groups, Anyone?

Once upon a time,....well during my youth time which does seemed like once a upon a time...haiz...I joined EY when I was in Form 4. It was something quite new and different for me, coming from a non-Christian family background. Enjoying the fellowship with my fellow EY-ers, doing crazy things. Back then, I am a pretty quiet guy (still am by the way) but was 'conditioned' to be loud and talkative by the taikos and taichehs then. So my atypical week goes something like this:


Mon to Thursday - going to school and looking forward to Friday
Friday - Ahhh weekend and the first of the many meetings in Elim begining with caregroups
Sat - EY, of course
Sun - Worship


The caregroup time was quite a unique time for me. It began with songs then followed by some pretty light studies and then makan time depending on the house we visit. And after I started to 'pak to' with Wan Li, the caregroup was also the time where I could see her after a week. (Back in those days we don't do the underground stuff) Caregroup brought a lot to me during that period of my life. It was were I gotten closer to some of the older ones, learned to care for the younger ones and along the way met new friends in that fellowship.


So lately, I am being 'bugged' to kick of the EY caregroup again. Here's thought...we will have a caregroup meeting, let's start it slow first, say once a month during the week that we have the night worship. We will have the caregroup on Friday night since the next day is not a school day and the possibility of the outstation folks could also join us on a Friday. We will follow the format I had, something light (songs, fellowship and supper) basically an environment to chill, catch up with one another, encourage one another, tease one another and all the other stuff we don't get to do on Saturday EY meeting. So what do you all think? Care Groups, Anyone?


Katan


PS: Do give me feedback on the shout out or comments ....Thanks

2 comments:

karmen said...

katan, you quiet!?? Oh my goodness!! How can you say such things? Anyway, I do think that caregroup is a good thing. I missed caregroup! It's really a GREAT time for fellowship and catch up with others. Having EY only seems like "tak cukup". Somehow I feel like not enough time to talk to everybody though you want to. I support caregroup!!! But, I'm more on the fellowship part. Hehe.. But, have you considered it seriously anot? Cause it clashes with jamming sessions. Hmm..

5-inch-long milk drinker said...

I think it's time we revive back the care group. I am all for it, though i am in Nilai.:P
Care group has been a blessing for me here as we can share more personal stuff in cg and keep each other accountable and encouraged. Most importantly, building up each other with God's Word and to build true christian fellowship.