Monday, February 16, 2009

To the missionaries going to Indonesia.

Read --> http://ipohelimyouth.blogspot.com/2007/10/candle-in-dark.html

I sat in my room with the laptop and the Bible in front of me. Within the four walls of my room, I inhaled the music of Mars Volta, and lost myself to the riffs of The Widow (I'll Never Walk Alone). In my meditation, I was inspired to exhort my brethren, who will be leaving for Indonesia in one month's time.

Often, we are too complacent in our own comfort zones, forgetting less fortunate people; people who have not heard of Christ. We eat, we sleep, we live, with the Great Commission in the backs of our head; and that's where it stays most of the time. We are routined, we are scheduled, we are so programmed, to live without actually living out the heart of a Christian life.

For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."

How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent?

Romans 10:12-15


Today, you have been sent. Each and everyone of you. Not by the power of man, less they fail; but by the power and grace of God. It is time that we carry our crosses, to do that which we are called to. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, knowing that exposure, experience, fun, are only parts of what is of utmost importance; a heart for God's most beautiful creation - people. It will not be a smooth sailing journey, the winds may not be in favour, but do not lose heart; because God is above all.

In this last month of preparation, I encourage all of you to pray. Worry less about details, technicalities, or logistics. Pray for physical, psychological and spiritual preparation and continuous nourishment. Pray for the people whom you will be going to. The mission trip doesn't start with you setting your feet on the soils of Indonesia. It begun the moment you decided to be a part of this. And yes, all of us are in this together. Let us uphold each other in prayer. With this, I give you, my brothers and my sisters, all my blessings.

As it is written:

"How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace,
Who bring glad tidings of good things!"

Romans 12:15


He who seldom blogs,
Fish.

No comments: