Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Famine Camp?

Last Saturday, a group of our youths participated in the World Vision 30 hour fast. One of the youth, called it a Famine Camp and I thought it was a pretty apt name. We had about 13 plus youths who joined the camp. They had a variety of activities throughout the day and one of those games, I shared in the fun by being one of the station master. I had one of them to go get me a fried chicken drumstick form a nearby shop and let me eat it in front of them. Cool, huh? You should really see their faces as I bite into the drumstick which helped me out by being juicy and crunchy.

Anyway, I was quite encouraged by the commitment that our youths had shown throughout the camp. I honestly did do my best to tempt and tease them even to the extent of taking them out for a drink (as they are allowed to do that) the very next day (they were required to fast until 4pm). And yet they stood firm. Good job!!!

Lately, I have been constantly encouraged by our group of youths in terms of their commitment and maturity. I do think that we so often give them so little credit for the things that they are able and are willing to do. From the visit to the orphanages, this camp and the caregroup, I have seen how they as a group have became closer and more united in their fellowship and partnership with one and another and with us (the advisors).

Truly, EY, how you all have grown. You all have been a great source of encouragement and joy in our ministry. So a big thank you to all of you. But lets not just stop here. Let us move ever more ahead for God and His glory. We will continue in this partnership to grow together and serve together in the upcoming BUGs, caregroups, EY programs, mission trip and carolling...


Some of the youths who went down to KL for the countdown. Picture courtesy of Sin Chew Newspaper.

Katan

1 comment:

Dave said...

dun despise ur youth, keep working for justice and mercy in God's world thru God's word :)