Saturday, March 14, 2009

God is our strength

I know the mission team is going through some "trials". Some are still sick, some are getting sick, some are emotionally disturbed with some issues, etc. Some of you might be discouraged with things that are happening (at least I was!!!). But, please remember this.. troubles are often tools that God uses to mould us. I think this is from the bible, but I forgot where.. So we don't look at the troubles we can see right now; rather, we look forward to what we have not seen. For the troubles we see will soon be over, but the joy to come will last forever. Yes, you might be very worried or upset with the things that you are facing right now. But, listen to this, everything happens for a reason. There is always a reason behind everything that happened. Always remember our purpose of going for this mission trip. What is our bull eye? What is our main purpose to be there?

After I got to know about things that happened within the team, to be honest, I was worried. I admit that! I was worried. I was worried that someone might pull out. I was worried that we can't cope with the activities what were planned. I was worried that the "trials" will affect our performance. I was worried that we will lose focus. And this morning, I got a message from my RBS friend on today's devotional verse. After RBS, we're still given this devotional verse everyday through sms. And I've not been receiving it for the past 3 days. And today,iIt came just at the right time! And it really encouraged me a lot. I hope it will to you, too.

Isaiah 41:8-10

"But you, O Israel [try putting your name in =)], my servant,
Jacob, whom I have chosen,
you descendants of Abraham my friend,
I took you from the ends of the earth,
from its farthest corners I called you.
I said, 'You are my servant';
I have chosen you and have not rejected you.
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Well, I hope this will mean something to you. Stay strong guys!

1 comment:

wadefish said...

well, as i mentioned in glenn's post before, i do not believe in compatibilism. i disagree that everything happens for a reason. this would only mean we attribute everything that happens, good or bad, to God's divine purpose. well, i think you should read abit on my latest post..